美國幼稚園給家長的備忘錄 – 從教養嬰兒到大學生都用得上

[美國幼稚園給家長的備忘錄]     太好的備忘,每個家長都留一份吧!轉起~

   
1. Don’t spoil me. I know quite well that I ought not to have all I ask for. I’m only testing you.   

別溺愛我。我很清楚地知道,我不應該得到每一樣我所要求的東西,我哭鬧不休其實只是在試探你。   

2. Don’t be afraid to be firm with me. I prefer it, it makes me feel secure.   

別害怕對我保持公正的態度,這樣反倒讓我有安全感。   

3. Don’t let me form bad habits. I have to rely on you to detect them in the early stages.   

別讓我養成壞習慣,在年幼的此刻,我得依靠你來判斷和培養。   

4. Don’t make me feel smaller than I am. It only makes me behave stupidly “big”.   

別讓我覺得自己比實際的我還渺小,這只會讓我假裝出一副和我實際年齡不符的傻樣。   

5. Don’t correct me in front of people if you can help it. I’ll take much more notice if you talk quietly with me in private.   

可能的話,儘量不要在人前糾正我的錯誤,我會感到很沒面子,進而和你作對。你私下提醒,效果會更好。   

6. Don’t make me feel that my mistakes are sins. It upsets my sense of values.   

別讓我覺得犯了錯就是犯了罪,它會削弱我對人生的希望。   

7. Don’t protect me from consequences. I need to learn the painful way sometimes.   

別過度保護我,怕我無法接受某些“後果”。很多時候,我需要經由痛苦的經歷來學習。   

8. Don’t be too upset when I say “I hate you”. Sometimes it isn’t you I hate but your power to thwart me.   

當我說“我恨你”的時候別往心裡去。我恨的絕對不是你,我恨的是你加在我身上的那些壓力。   

9. Don’t take too much notice of my small ailments. Sometimes they get me the attention I need.   

別太在意我的小病痛。有時,我只是想得到你的注意而已。   

10. Don’t nag. If you do, I shall have to protect myself by appearing deaf.   

別對我嘮叨不休,否則我會裝聾作啞。   

11. Don’t forget that I cannot explain myself as well as I should like. That is why I am not always accurate.   

我有時不能把事情解釋得很清楚,會詞不達意。這也是為什麼我有時不能準確地表達自己。   

12. Don’t put me off when I ask questions. If you do, you will find that I stop asking and seek my information elsewhere.   

當我問你問題的時候,請別敷衍我或者拒絕我。否則我將停止發問,轉向它處尋求答案。  

MP900309656
13. Don’t be inconsistent. That completely confuses me and makes me lose faith in you.   

請別在管教原則上前後不一出爾反爾。這樣會讓我疑惑,進而失去對你的信任。   

14. Don’t tell me my fears are silly. They are terribly real and you can do much to reassure me if you try to understand.   

我害怕的時候,不要覺得我很傻很可笑。如果你試著去瞭解,便會發現我當時有多恐懼。   

15. Don’t ever suggest that you are perfect or infallible. It gives me too great a shock when I discover that you are neither.  

別對我暗示你永遠正確、無懈可擊。當我發現你並非如此的時候,對我將是一個多麼大的打擊。   

16. Don’t ever think that it is beneath your dignity to apologize to me. An honest apology makes me feel surprisingly warm towards you.   

別認為向我道歉是沒有尊嚴的事。一個誠懇的道歉,會讓我和你更接近,更尊重你,感覺更溫暖。   

17. Don’t forget I love experimenting. I couldn’t get along without it, so please put up with it.   

別忘記我喜歡親自嘗試,如果我不嘗試就寸步難行,所以請你包容。   

18. Don’t forget how quickly I am growing up. It must be very difficult for you to keep pace with me, but please do try.   

別忘了我很快就會長大,對你來說,和我一起成長是很不容易的事,但請你嘗試一下吧。   

19. Don’t forget that I don’t thrive without lots of love and understanding, but I don’t need to tell you, do I?   

不要忘了離開了厚愛和理解我不會茁壯成長,但是,這一點我不需要提醒你吧?別太指望我的誠實,我很容易因為害怕而撒謊。   

20. Please keep yourself fit and healthy. I need you.   

請保持身體健康,因為我需要你!

2 Comments on “美國幼稚園給家長的備忘錄 – 從教養嬰兒到大學生都用得上

  1. 江主任您好,我兒子今年小二,他在英文跟數學程度上比同年級的超前很多,帶他去心理醫生那做了IQ測驗,他是highly gifted kid,因為進了公立學校後他一直叫學校無聊,所以這個月轉到私立小學,我不知道應該怎麼帶他,聽別人説,這種小孩應該要找能幫助訓練他們大腦的學校,可附近都沒這種學校,他目前是在Davidson young scholar 跟 American Mensa的program裡,不知參加這些對以後申請學校有沒有幫助? 想等他大一點送到您那裡,是從九年級開始收嗎? 另外想請問,如果他以後可以提早讀完高中,不知能否提早申請大學? 我現在可以做什麼來幫他鋪路呢? 謝謝!

    • Hi, Yu Chi. 我了解你的狀況, 其實我也見過很多這種學生, 很可惜的是他們的成熟度跟智商不在同一個等級的情況下, 很多到後來就變成懶得學習, 因為他們學習比別人快, 也比別人容易. 訓練這種孩子不容易, 你要自己多費心, 因為你兒子還小, 跟母親是最親密的. 我有一些這種學生是採取自學的方式學習, 不過要看孩子是否適合, 給你參考. 至於你提到的 American Mensa program, 我不是很熟, 可能不能回答你的問題了, 謝謝!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: